Here is the cover for my brand new book – coming out in July of 2011 from Penguin Canada – ONCE EVERY NEVER!
I hope you guys love it as much as I do!
I want to thank my posse of bloggers who have helped me spread the word about the cover reveal. And hey – if you want a chance to win a limited edition signed sampler of the first two chapters with the fabulous cover, just visit these blogs – they are ALL holding contests and, the more you enter, the more chances there are for you to win!! VISIT THEM ALL!!
And today I was at a the OLA Superconference signing ONCE EVERY NEVER sampler copies in the morning at the Penguin booth, and copies of TEMPESTUOUS at the HarperCollins booth in the afternoon! I *heart* my two fabulous publishers! Check it out!
Yup! That’s me signing copies of TEMPESTUOUS at the official book launch last week! More about that in an minute…..
First though, I have to show you this: (Go ahead, watch, I’ll wait here)
Is that not made of awesome? That is the full-length TEMPESTUOUS book trailer — now with 100% MORE SONNY FLANNERY!!
I am so REDUNCULOUSLY (shh. it’s a word. I sez so.) THRILLED at how this turned out! It premiered last week at my book launch which was so super fun — but don’t take my word for it — here are some pix! 🙂
So much fun… it went by in a blur!
Me and my faerie familiars!
My two Kelleys! Meghan from the TEMPESTUOUS trailer and Adrianna from the DARKLIGHT trailer!
Meghan and Russell (Kelley and Sonny from the TEMPESTUOUS trailer) being interviewed by SPACE for this feature!
An icy Faerie maiden – wonder if she knows Auberon personally?
More to come – but I thought you guys might want a peek at the shenanigans! Special thanks to everyone who came out and helped me send the third book in the WONDROUS STRANGE trilogy out into the world in style!!
On a day replete with neat-o calendric observances and a ruby-hued celestial phenomenon, I am beyond thrilled to bring you just one more piece of awesome — a TEASER TRAILER — in honor of the U.S. release day for the final book in the WONDROUS STRANGE TRILOGY……
Enjoy! Full-length trailer coming soon… Watch out for it!
Special thanks to my MAGICK MAKERS: Joe O’Brien (wizard in chief), Meghan Campbell, Jonathan Llyr, Brian Chambers, Adrienne Kress, Mark Opausky, Stevie Burley, Nadine Bell and Daniel Levinson.
Today marks the release of the paperback version of DARKLIGHT in the US!! (It’ll come out in Canada closer to the end of the year in a pb digest format).
And the really super cool thing about this version? See that little pink triangle in the corner where it says “EXTRAS”? It has, well, extras!! Like, a Guide to Essential Faerie Lore, A DARKLIGHT Playlist, and a sneak-peek of TEMPESTUOUS! How fun is that!?!!
Yes – I’m still working on the epic NY trip post. It’s epic, I tells ya! But in the meantime, here’s a quick heads-up for anyone in the Ottawa area this Friday! I will be making an appearance as part of the festival’s participation in Teen Authors Week! Here are the details from the Festival website!
LET’S GET LOUD AT THE LIBRARY! / ‘GROOVE’ Á LA BIBLIO – Friday, Oct 22, 6:30 pm
Part of the OPL’s Teen Authors Week With Lesley Livingston and music by Apocalypstic, Full Tipped Sleeve and more!
Main Library Auditorium, 120 Metcalfe
A free event.
Kick off the Ottawa Public Library’s Teen Authors Week with a party featuring Lesley Livingston, author of Wondrous Strange and Darklight, and live music! Ages 13-19.
Also… look to the right on your screen!! —> TEMPESTUOUS Countdown Widget!! Feel free to yoink for your own blog! 🙂
I just got back from five fabulous, fun-filled days in New York City!! And I am preparing an epic blog post about the whole adventure (which was wholly adventurous, let me tell you!). But, in the meantime, check out the beautifulness, below!
I have a story in this upcoming YA Steampunk Romance anthology: CORSETS & CLOCKWORK (Running Press Kids, May 10, 2011), and they just released the gorgeous cover art!
A stunning anthology of the very best of steampunk that’s taking teen fiction by storm. Bestselling romance editor Trisha Telep brings an exciting new element to the fast-growing sub-genre of steampunk, which bends and blends the old and the new in increasingly popular dark urban fantasies. Young heroes and heroines battle evil, in various forms with the help of super-technological or supernatural powers, while falling in and out of love. Contributors include:
* Ann Aguirre a bestselling author who writes urban fantasy (the Corine Solomon series from Roc), romantic science fiction (the Jax series from Ace), apocalyptic paranormal romance (as Ellen Connor, writing with Carrie Lofty, from Penguin), paranormal romantic suspense (as Ava Gray from Berkley), and post-apocalyptic dystopian young adult fiction (Razorland and Wireville coming in 2011 from Feiwel & Friends).
* Tessa Gratton, her debut novel Blood Magic arrives in 2011 from Random House Children’s Books, followed by the companion Crow Magic in 2012.
* Jaclyn Dolamore is the debut author of Magic Under Glass from Bloomsbury USA.
* Lesley Livingston is the award-winning author of Wondrous Strange and Darklight, the first two books in the bestselling trilogy from HarperCollins.
* Caitlin Kittredge is the author of the Iron Codex trilogy, a Lovecraftian steampunk adventure.
* Dru Pagliassotti’s first novel Clockwork Heart was one of the first in the rising new genre of steampunk romance and was named by Library Journal as one of the five steampunk novels to read in 2009.
* Dia Reeves is the debut author of the critically acclaimed YA Bleeding Violet.
* Michael Scott is the Irish-born, New York Times bestselling author of the six part epic fantasy series, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel.
* Maria V. Snyder is the New York Times bestselling author of the Study series (Poison Study, Magic Study, and Fire Study) about a young woman forced to become a poison taster.
* Tiffany Trent the author of the acclaimed YA dark fantasy series Hallowmere, which was an IndieBound Children’s Pick and a New York Public Library Book of the Teen Age 2008.
* Kiersten White is the debut author of Paranormalacy, the first book in a new trilogy, which was published by HarperTeen in August of 2010.
* Adrienne Kress, is the author of Alex and the Ironic Gentleman and Timothy and the Dragon’s Gate.
I really had a bunch of fun writing this one and I can’t wait to see it all wrapped up with stories from this amazing collection of authors!
So this Saturday, I will be at the Indigo Teen Read Awards BIG EVENT!
DARKLIGHT has been nominated in the catagory of Best Canadian Read and I couldn’t possibly be more excited! Aside from the huge honour, I will get to hang out with readers and authors and there is even a red carpet! 😀
Also – as a bonus, I will be appearing earlier in the day at the Indigo at Yonge and Eglinton with two fantastic authors…
Becca Fitzpatrick, who just happened to – y’know – write a little book called HUSH, HUSH
Ally Carter, author of the awesome Gallagher Girls series and HEIST SOCIETY!
So come on out and meet me and Becca and Ally at 12:00pm on Saturday, Sept 25 at the INDIGO store at Yonge and Eglinton!
No really. I am. Don’t look at me like that – I had a deadline! It’s a word that has the word “dead” in it. At any rate, I’m very pleased to say that I’m about to hand in the first finished draft of the manuscript for ONCE EVERY NEVER. I’m so excited about this book and I really hope you guys will be too! I think you will be. 🙂
And then, as of today, I no longer have to sit on the news of my next project (and let me tell you, the keeping-secret-thereof has been killing me!) because my new deal announcement for a brand new trilogy with HarperCollins is out!
Jessica Regel, at Jean V. Naggar, sold North American rights to a supernatural YA trilogy by Lesley Livingston tentatively called STARLING. HarperTeen editor Laura Arnold acquired the books, which Regel said are reminiscent of The Bourne Identity and “blend Norse, Egyptian, and Greek mythologies with paranormal elements.” In the series, warring powerful New York City crime families, all with ties to the supernatural, vie for control of the fate of mankind. Book one in the trilogy is scheduled for summer 2012. Livingston’s debut novel, the 2008 faerie-tinged Wondrous Strange, was the first book in a YA trilogy she just finished for HarperTeen; book two, Darklight, was released in 2009, and book three, Tempestuous, is scheduled for January 2011.
Now I’m going to go celebrate! Or nap! Or both!
But before I do that, I also wanted say that I really appreciate all of the comments you guys leave. I know I’m not always around to answer them (remember the “deadline” word!) but please know that I read each and every one and they are so very much appreciated! You guys rock.
Now let’s party before I pass out on my keyboard! Wooo!